Enjoy great tasting, ultra-fresh and virtually unlimited water at home with the help of a 5 stage reverse osmosis water filter system. The clean water is perfect for not only ice, tea and coffee, but also in times of food prep and cooking. Plus, it has the advantage of no longer needing to buy in a constant supply of bottled water which is a hassle and time consuming.
This type of reverse osmosis system has the ability to eliminate up 99% of all contaminants, such as chromium, lead, arsenic, toxic fluoride, and chlorine, as well as bad taste and odor.
- 1 Buying Guide
- 2 What are the best 5 stage reverse osmosis water filter systems?
- 2.1 iSpring RCC7 WQA 5-Stage Reverse Osmosis Filter System Review
- 2.2 APEC ESSENCE ROES-50 5-Stage RO Filter System Review
- 2.3 Express Water RO5DX 5 Stage Under-sink Reverse Osmosis Filtration System Review
- 2.4 Global Water RO-505 5-Stage Reverse Osmosis System Filter Review
- 2.5 Watts WP5-50 Premier 5-Stage RO Water Treatment System Review
- 3 Comparison
- 4 Conclusion
Before investing money in a 5 stage reverse osmosis system, you will likely have a few questions that need to be answered. Here are some of the main issues to consider:
Ability to eliminate contaminants: The most effective RO systems are built to remove virtually all signs of contaminants. Most systems claim to eliminate up to 99% of contaminants (viruses, bacteria, heavy metals, lead, etc.).
Filter life: Long filter life is certain to appeal to help keep maintenance costs at an acceptable level. The premium long-lasting filters are likely to last for about 12 months, while others will need replacing every 3 months.
Daily water capacity: The size of the RO system will have a significant impact on the daily water capacity. They can range from 12 to 250 gallons per day or more of fresh, clean drinking water.
Easy installation: The best 5 stage reverse osmosis system is designed with easy installation in mind. A set it and forget design is the most desirable. Also, the system should be packaged with a step-by-step instruction manual or online installation videos.
Leak-free fittings: The leak-free fittings are a must-have feature to avoid the unwanted pools of water under the kitchen sink or basement area. Most of these fittings have special o-rings and stainless steel teeth to give the most reliable grip and protection for that extra peace of mind.
Dimensions of RO units: A basic consideration is the actual dimensions of the RO unit. You need to go with a system/tank combination that is easily able to fit the space of your under-sink cabinets. Most of the units are relatively compact in size. For instance, a tank at 11” x 11” x 15” is intended to fit inside a standard cabinet.
What are the best 5 stage reverse osmosis water filter systems?
If you are finding it difficult to shortlist the top-rated RO systems on the market, why not take a look are at our suggested products below-
iSpring RCC7 WQA 5-Stage Reverse Osmosis Filter System Review
The iSpring RCC7 is a Gold Seal Certified RO system that delivers unequaled durability, safety and quality. This 5-stage system relies on reverse osmosis filtration, carbon block, granular activated carbon and polypropylene sediment technologies to provide pure and crisp-tasting water.
- High-quality fittings (1/4 inch) and all hardware included for quick and easy installation
- Canisters, filters and housing solid built; likely to last for the long-term
- Great looking faucet that is easy to install
- Filters are easily sourced, standard size and relatively inexpensive to buy
- Care is needed with the membrane install; there is a risk of leaks if the o-ring is broken
- Not the smallest RO system; space may be tight under the sink
APEC ESSENCE ROES-50 5-Stage RO Filter System Review
Install the Essence Roes-50 for instant access to great tasting drinking water in the home. This RO system is built with high-quality parts to offer reliable and long-lasting performance for many years to come. Plus, it has the ability to remove up to 99% of the worst contaminants (odor, lead, chromium, chlorine, etc.).
- High-quality piece of kit; assembled in the USA
- Quick and easy to install; packaged with detailed instructions
- Pure tasting water that is very similar to the bottled water brands
- Very effective filtering system
- Relatively compact so will not use up all the space under the kitchen sink
- Quiet operation so won’t create any annoying noises
- Affordable price range
- Wastes quiet a lot of water – about ~3 gallons per gallon of filtered water (but this is quite similar to other RO systems)
Express Water RO5DX 5 Stage Under-sink Reverse Osmosis Filtration System Review
Use the Express Water RO5DX 5 Stage RO system to get the purified drinking water in the home at a low price. Similar to other units, this filtration system is built to eliminate up to 99% of the contaminants found in everyday tap water. It is built with high-quality complements and backed by US-based friendly and professional technical support.
- Easy-to-install RO system; filter part is pre-assembled for convenience
- Great manual and instructions to make assembly and troubleshooting quite straightforward
- Water flow is fast and efficient
- Packaged with spare filters
- The faucet is chrome so may not match the other sink hardware
Global Water RO-505 5-Stage Reverse Osmosis System Filter Review
The RO-505 5-Stage RO system by Global Water has the ability to provide high performance filtering to cleanse the tap water of up to 1,000+ pollutants. It is built with quick connect components for safe, quick and secure installation.
- Quick to install
- Great pressure of the water flow
- High-quality faucet in a material that is 100% lead-free
- Useful 24-hour technical support
- Relatively quiet with no leaks
- Works with standard filters so cheap and easy to source
- Solidly built with high-quality parts
- Well priced
- Installation instructions are very bad
Watts WP5-50 Premier 5-Stage RO Water Treatment System Review
The Watts WP5-50 is a complete water treatment system to deliver the continuous water supply to the entire family. It is built with multiple parts, including reverse osmosis, coconut-shell carbon and sediment control technologies to give the pleasant and drinkable water direct from the tap.
- The install process is pretty easy
- Fantastic tasting water
- Very reasonable pricing
- Quick and easy to change filters
- Solidly built with strong and durable parts
- Does have a slight noise that takes a while to get used to
In the process of comparing the different 5 stage reverse osmosis systems, it is critical to compare the wide-ranging features. For instance, the highest daily water capacity is essential for the large family, while the cost to maintain the RO system should be taken into account. The systems that accept the standard filters are more cost-effective to run compared to the proprietary filters.
Overall, if you want the complete freedom of being able to go to the kitchen sink for fresh water at any time of the day or night, you really want to look at investing in one of the high-quality 5-stage reverse osmosis system.